Friday, April 18, 2008

Turkey Sausage


Today I have been making several pounds of turkey sausage. With meat prices getting higher and higher we rarely buy beef and instead opt for Aldis ground turkey. It saves a tremendous amount of money! Unfortunately for me, I have spoiled taste buds that really don't care for turkey, at least not plain.
I have found a way to make turkey a much more desirable meal staple and actually enjoy it; sausage. Actually, any spice combination allowed to marinade in the meat for a day makes a great difference.
I make breakfast sausage, Italian Sausage and also marinade the meat in Mexican spices.
The Italian sausage is great in Pizza, Lasagna,Spaghetti, or Patty's!
Here are my 2 favorite recipes.

Italian Turkey Sausage:
1 LB. Ground turkey
1 1/2 tsp. fennel seed
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion salt
1/2 tsp. sage
1 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
2 tsp. rosemary 2 tsp. thyme
1/2 - 1 tsp. salt
cayenne to taste
Mix well and refrigerate overnight. I like to make several pounds at once and freeze them in separate baggies.


Turkey Maple Breakfast Sausage:
1 Lb. ground turkey
2 TBLSP. Maple flavored syrup
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. sage
Mix well and refrigerate overnight. I usually shape some into patties and freeze them on a cookie sheet before putting them into baggies. The rest is put into separate baggies for yummy sausage gravy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home