Saturday, August 30, 2008

Poison Ivy

You may have noticed that I haven't posted in a while. I have been dealing with a nasty case of poison ivy. I have rashes and blisters from my ankles to my ears! It's been a week and I look like I have 2ND degree burns all over my arms.
I've known what poison ivy looks like since I was a child and have never been bothered by it before.I even walk through it and garden around it. What I didn't know is that poison ivy is just as potent when it's dead and for many years after killing the plant! I made the disastrous mistake of raking and handling piles of the dried leaves. They say that there's enough urushiol on the head of a pin to infect 500 people! The Urushiol oil in poison ivy is the same oil in poison oak and sumac. So as a cautionary word to the wise, avoid these plants dead or alive!
Time for more meds: I'm itching like crazy!





Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home