Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Grandpa

My Grandpa Delbert died last night. It is a very sad day for me. I love him a lot and have many memories of good times with him.
Grandpa was a hard man in many ways; you always knew exactly what he thought whether it hurt your feelings or not. Grandpa was also a very sweet and fun man! He ALWAYS kissed me goodnight, even the last time I visited him, and he loved to take us out to do something fun. On our last visit he took us for a long drive around the lake as soon as he picked us up from the bus stop!
I have many sweet memories of my grandpa; morning coffee, Fig Newtons,guitar playing, singing , going to a "singin", dog training tips, the McDonald's lunches, the tears that he had whenever I had to go back home and the playful arguments with Grandma. I will keep him with me, in that special place, where my dad, my sister and Lana also stay. This is my own little bit of the Heaven that they all share.
I love you Grandpa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home