Sunday, March 30, 2008

my stove


"Cooking is at once child's play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love."Craig Claiborne.


I am so happy with my new stove! Yes, you heard right,.... stove!

I see people taking great pride in their cars and sharing pictures of them. That's fine but for me,it's my stove.

I believe that the kitchen is the heart of a home and the stove is the heart of the kitchen.

Our old stove finally gave out on us this month. I was very disappointed! Baking bread and other goodies for my family is a regular part of my day! I love the warmth that baking brings, both in the house and in our hearts. After a couple of weeks of looking at stove prices and deciding that we may just have to give up baking, God blessed us with this great stove!

It was a barely used item from a store owned by one of Teymoors friends in Salina. We payed a whopping 250.00 for it! Actually, that is a lot for us,but we have discovered that this stove sells for about 1,600.00! Needless to say, I am thrilled!

Our house is again filled with the smell of fresh breads,cake,biscuits,pies and cookies. Our tummy's happy and hearts full.

God is faithful in all things and I am blessed.

Tammy
Love, was understood, in the kitchen. Where bread and cakes and pies and everyday thoughts filled the air and senses. Common Sense was taught, in the kitchen. More through action, than words. Grandma’s ways were revered in the kitchen. From a touch of this, to a dash of that, to a “good girl would never.” Love, was understood, in the kitchen. Passed

1 Comments:

At March 31, 2008 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Roehrman said...

Awesome Tammy!!!!!!!!

So pretty! And a really good deal! I am so glad you have a really good working stove!

Emily

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home