Wednesday, July 9, 2008

CHRISTIANITY AND EXCUSES



John 14:21) "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.
It is increasingly common in the world of Christianity to hear people make excuses for their choices and sins, while using God, His love and forgiveness as an excuse. I have been hearing it so very much lately!

Gods Word says not to but... "God showed ME"...

( Translated: The Bible is full of good ideas and advice for people not as spiritual as I am.)

God says we should but..."We're not under the law".

(Translated: I know what God thinks about it but I don't care.)

2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

There is only one Bible. There is ONE truth for ALL MANKIND. God did not attach a little book of personal rules to each human born because He didn't need to. There is one God and one truth.

God may tell an individual how to direct their path in areas of less consequence. For instance, should you move to China, or take a certain medication, but The ABSOLUTES do not change for each individual!!!!!!

Murder is always a sin.

Lying is wrong.

Jesus is the ONLY way to Heaven.

God hates divorce.

Sex outside of marriage is sin.

The children of God are to walk differently than the world.

Unless, God Himself has put an exception IN HIS WORD there are no exceptions!. God "allows" divorce when a spouse has been unfaithful. He was VERY specific on that being THE ONLY allowance.

We do not get to decide that what God means.. FOR ME...when he says to let NO man separate a marriage, is that I can separate mine from the truth of His will and direct Word.

God gave us a tiny 66 books,in one, to guide all of Humanity for thousands of years! Do you really think that God would waste so much space on things that are not matters of the utmost importance?

If you think that you had a dream or 'revelation', from God, which does not agree with what He has written, then you need to stop right now and start rebuking SATAN.

The attitude that the freedom from Gods law is an excuse for ignoring Gods desire is especially appalling.

(1 John 2:5-6) But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. {6} He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

The Law was intended for the unsaved. It is the unsaved man, who does not care about pleasing God that must have fear instilled.

A true child of God is seeking to please God. A true Christian is not looking to see what they can get away with and will never say "God will forgive me."

If your spouse knew. Absolutely, that you would not leave them or even treat them badly, if they cheated on you would they? Would you? If you could answer yes, or maybe, than there is no love there. Most people would agree with that but when it comes to obeying God it's a whole different story.

Love is a choice. We choose to love God, and show it through seeking to obey His will.

We choose to love our spouse, and do so by doing what is best for them, regardless of how we feel.

The wonderful feelings of closeness and kinship come AFTER the choice, sometimes long after.

There will always be people around to tickle your itching ears. People who got away with murder. People who seemed better for lying or happier in their second or third marriage.

The question is this: Does it really matter what ANYBODY else did or got away with? As a child of God, we need to care only about Gods true and perfect will.

John 8:47) "He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."

God does not have a "permissive will". There is only His will. So, you may get over it someday or even feel happy, but the truth will always remain that doing it GODS way would have been better for you and all that you effect by your choices.

(John 5:30) "I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.

(Psalms 119:105) Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

(Proverbs 1:23) Turn at my rebuke; Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.

(Proverbs 1:32-33) For the turning away of the simple will slay them, And the complacency of fools will destroy them; {33} But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil."

(Jeremiah 7:23-24) "But this is what I commanded them, saying, 'Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you that it may be well with you.' {24} "Yet they did not obey or incline their ear, but followed the counsels and the dictates of their evil hearts, and went backward and not forward....

Matthew 7:21-25) "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. {22} "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' {23} "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' {24} "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: {25} "and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

(Matthew 22:37-40) Jesus said to him, " 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' {38} "This is the first and great commandment. {39} "And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' {40} "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

(John 6:63) "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

O.K.,NOW that I got that off my chest, on with life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home